Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bakewell Tart




Bakewell Tart




I went to the town of Bakewell in Derbyshire, UK and they are famous for the Bakewell Tart...sooo, obviously I had to have one...Did ya ever have a Bakewell tart?...Well I have and it's num num...



It's kinda hard to explain so I added a photo....It's really sweet and tastes of almonds and has jam in the middle...or as in the picture below, the jam is nearer to the bottom...



My mom used to make something similar but made with semolina too..I looked up some recipes and some use flour and ground almonds only and some use both flour, almonds and semolina..



You can purchase variations of this tart in the supermarkets here in the UK..but I liked going to Bakewell and eating one there! Coffee and a tart anyone? lol..

1 comment:

java said...

This would have gone quite well with my coffee today! Thanks for sharing.