Saturday, March 8, 2008

Riviera Restaurant, London

The other day I took a walk along the South Bank. This area is on the south side of the Thames river in London at Gabriel's Wharf. The morning was was cloudy with a light drizzle..it wasn't really raining but was kinda misty..and so a bit damp and chilly..
There were lots of joggers out that morning, and lots of tourists wandering about...Around lunch time all the office workers were out having lunch so it got a little more crowded..Imagine having an office right on the bank there?.. that would be awesome!
The weather improved a bit but I had walked up an appitite and decided to eat at an Italian Restaurant called Riviera facing the river..now, let me tell you the food was so delish!! For a starter (they say starter here and not appetizer, lol) I had Italian bread with mixed olives...Too bad that the Brits don't heat their bread as I'm used to in L.A....It would be a great tip to them if they would learn to do this.. well, anyways, I then had a plate of mussels with tomato and garlic poured over it, yummy, and a rocket (we call it arugula) salad with canelli beans..very nice meal..I recommend the place..the service was very good too..
I would love to go back there on a sunny day and on a clear night..

The Riviera
56 Upper Ground, London SE1 9pp
tel: 020 7401 7314

No comments: